Tuesday, November 16, 2010

'Tis the Season


Hello! I hope you're all doing well! We're pretty good over here! Getting all ready for the holiday spirit!!! :) I just love Thanksgiving and Christmas! I did set up the tree a couple days ago! Early, for sure, but I got all new stuff and I was SOOO excited to set it all up!! :) Haha. It makes our house happy and cheery tho! It's great!

I have a totally non-holiday recipe to share with you today. Although some holiday recipes will be coming up! Yummmm! Today I'm sharing a recipe for CHIPOTLE BURRITO BOWL. Now, if you're an exact recipe follower this recipe may be difficult for you. I don't really have exact measurements, it kinda depends on your quantity and taste... so enjoy! Oh... and it tastes quite like the restaurant CHIPOTLE... mmmm mmmm!!!!


1. The Rice

Cook rice according to package directions. When done, finish with:

  • Small spoonful of butter
  • Salt
  • Fresh lime juice
  • Sprinkle of chopped cilantro



2. The Beans

In a microwave safe bowl, heat up 1 can drained and rinsed black beans with:

  • Splash of chicken broth
  • Dashes of chili powder, cumin, oregano & cayenne pepper


3. The Chicken

Cook two chicken breasts in a skillet seasoned with:

  • Chili Powder
  • Garlic Salt
  • Onion Powder
  • Cumin
  • Oregano

4. The Pico

Whip up this easy Pico De Gallo with:

  • 1 tomato (plus some cherry tomatoes I had on hand)
  • 1 jalapeno
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1/4 small red onion
  • Sprinkle of chopped cilantro
  • S&P
  • Juice of 1/2 lime

Das it! Pile it up... rice, beans, chicken and pico! Yum yum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment