Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Cajun Fish

Hello! Long time, no blog! :) I hope you still found something to eat. Haha. Do you like the change on the blog? Have you noticed yet? Well, there are "pages" on the top with titles such as "Appetizers", "Chicken", "Sweets"... so you click on those and there's a list of all the recipes in that category. So it should be easier to find something you're looking for. 

So, busy busy schedule I have. But guess what?!?!! Well, I currently work 2 jobs. I work Monday-Thursday at Wells Blue Bunny. St. Luke's is actually the hospital that sends me there. And then (since that's only 32hr/week) I also have a part time job at the nursing home in Sioux Center. I just work every other weekend there. And holidays. BUTTTTT!!!! I got more hours at St. Luke's, putting me at 40 hr/week full time, so I am quitting the nursing home!! NO MORE WEEKENDS OR HOLIDAYS!! :P YAY! I am totally thrilled. I just have to finish 2 more weekends there, and I shall be done! 

I apologize and I'm totally bummed that I didn't take pictures of this meal. I mean, this was the most beautiful meal I have ever prepared. I really think it is. And I didn't take a picture!!!! Dummy.

The picture that I found online doesn't do it justice, mine was prettier. 

                                      Photo Source
Cajun Fish
4 tiliapia fillets
1/4 cup flour
2 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
2 Tbsp olive oil
8 large Romaine lettuce leaves
1/2-3/4 cup Kraft Parmesan Asiago Balsamic Vinaigrette 
1lb (+/-)  red potatoes
Cooking spray
Salt & pepper

Boil potatoes for 5-10 minutes, or until they are soft, but not quite cooked through. Quarter them, or chop them into bite size pieces. Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in a 475 degree oven for 10 minutes, or until brown and crispy on the outside. 

Meanwhile, combine flour and Cajun seasoning. Coat tilapia fillets with flour mixture. Heat large skillet to medium high heat and add olive oil. When oil is hot add tilapia and cook about 1 minute per side, or until fish is white and flakes easily. 

To prepare plates lay down 2 lettuce leaves on each plate. Drizzle with some vinaigrette. Top with fish and potatoes. Drizzle more vinaigrette on the potatoes. 


This was totally tasty. Way yummy. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment