Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Smoothie & Thai Coconut Chicken Curry

Well, let me start by saying I'm not a huge smoothie fan. I prefer my calories in the form of cake, cookies, or donuts... and smoothies usually add up to about that many. But I do love this recipe because it is light and doesn't have much dairy or sugar to weigh it down. But, it still has flavor! :)

Strawberry Pomegranate Smoothie

1 cup frozen strawberries
6 small ice cubes
1/3 cup Pomegranate juice
2 Tbsp plain yogurt
2 Tbsp honey

Blend it up and enjoy! I love this flavor, but I wanted one of these smoothies the other day and I didn't have any Pomegranate juice at home, so I improvised! I used grapefruit juice and strawberry-banana yogurt.... it was yummy too! More sweet-so
ur and refreshing!

Next, Thai Coconut Chicken Curry... not sure why it's called a curry because there isn't any curry in it, but that's what it's called! :)

3 chicken breasts
Canola or Olive oil
1 package white mushrooms
1 red pepper, chopped
2 garlic cloves
1 can cannellini beans
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup coconut milk (found in the asian section)
1 Tbsp fish sauce
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp corn starch
Salt to taste

Heat oil in a large skillet. Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces and cook in skillet until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Heat more oil in skillet and add mushrooms, red pepper, garlic, and salt to taste. Heat for about 2 minutes. Meanwhile combine chicken broth, coconut milk, and fish sauce in a small bowl. Add cornstarch and whisk until smooth. Add coconut milk mixture to skillet and heat to a boil. Add chicken back to skillet. Heat until sauce thickens, about 5-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment