Saturday, October 2, 2010

Lazy Saturday

Ahhh.... a Saturday off of work!! :) And nothing on the agenda but tidy up the house a bit! So, right now I'm being lazy on the couch, watchin' TV, and thought I'd post another recipe. Aaron & I had this yesterday and the day before! That's how yummy they are! :) And I had leftover ingredients, so I thought we should use them up!

BAKED TURKEY EGG ROLLS & VEGETABLE FRIED RICE


EGG ROLLS: This will make 16 egg rolls (I'm giving you measurements so you won't have leftover turkey or coleslaw mix)

Ingredients:
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 stalks celery, chopped finely
- Mushrooms if desired (I love 'em!)
- Olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Dash of ground ginger & red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Sweet & sour sauce

Directions:
  1. Place coleslaw mix and celery in a microwavable bowl. This is where I chopped a few mushrooms up and added them too. Microwave for 5 minutes.
  2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium skillet. Add onion, garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper flakes. When onion is softened add ground turkey and cook until no longer pink.
  3. Add coleslaw mix to skillet and soy sauce. Combine well. Remove from heat and let cool.
  4. Lay egg roll wrappers out on counter. Top with 3 Tbsp turkey mixture and roll up. See picture.
  5. Spray tops of egg rolls with Pam or brush with oil.
  6. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until golden on top. Serve with sweet & sour sauce.

VEGETABLE FRIED RICE
Ingredients:
  • Cooked brown rice (whatever quantity you need)
  • Sesame oil
  • Garlic salt
  • Ginger
  • Pepper
  • Handful of coleslaw mix
  • 1 cup steamed broccoli
  • 1-2 eggs, beaten
  • Red pepper flakes
Directions:
  1. Heat 1-2 tsp sesame oil in skillet. Sprinkle with garlic salt, pepper, and ginger.
  2. Add rice, coleslaw, broccoli. Cook for 5 minutes or until veggies are hot and rice is browning.
  3. In another skillet or on one side of the skillet with rice, cook eggs. Combine with rice mixture. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lindsey, I have really enjoyed following your blog and I've been using some of your ideas for our meals at night! I also linkeed your blog in our blog as I was expressing my desire to start cooking more for our family...hope thats ok! Check it out at www.troyandlaurabosma.blogspot.com!!
    Thanks for all the great meal ideas...it's been helping me fulfill my desire to cook more!!!

    Laura Bosma

    ReplyDelete