BAKED TURKEY EGG ROLLS & VEGETABLE FRIED RICE
EGG ROLLS: This will make 16 egg rolls (I'm giving you measurements so you won't have leftover turkey or coleslaw mix)
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 stalks celery, chopped finely
- Mushrooms if desired (I love 'em!)
- Olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Dash of ground ginger & red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Sweet & sour sauce
- Place coleslaw mix and celery in a microwavable bowl. This is where I chopped a few mushrooms up and added them too. Microwave for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium skillet. Add onion, garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper flakes. When onion is softened add ground turkey and cook until no longer pink.
- Add coleslaw mix to skillet and soy sauce. Combine well. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Lay egg roll wrappers out on counter. Top with 3 Tbsp turkey mixture and roll up. See picture.
- Spray tops of egg rolls with Pam or brush with oil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until golden on top. Serve with sweet & sour sauce.
VEGETABLE FRIED RICE
- Cooked brown rice (whatever quantity you need)
- Sesame oil
- Garlic salt
- Handful of coleslaw mix
- 1 cup steamed broccoli
- 1-2 eggs, beaten
- Red pepper flakes
- Heat 1-2 tsp sesame oil in skillet. Sprinkle with garlic salt, pepper, and ginger.
- Add rice, coleslaw, broccoli. Cook for 5 minutes or until veggies are hot and rice is browning.
- In another skillet or on one side of the skillet with rice, cook eggs. Combine with rice mixture. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.