Well, on to food! This week we've been trying to get back into the healthy mode... and so I threw together some Garlic Chicken & Sweet Potato Red Pepper Soup... yummy!!! Didn't know how the soup would go over b/c it is a pureed soup... but a nice little bowl is quite tasty! I wouldn't want a lot of this soup... but it's a nice accompinament to a meal!
Let's start with the SWEET POTATO RED PEPPER SOUP
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 1/4 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Cholula sauce, to taste, or your favorite red pepper sauce
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
Put the red bell peppers, sweet potato, onion, garlic, vinegar, and vegetable stock into a Dutch oven or soup pot. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, until all the vegetables are very soft. Leave to cool slightly.
Move the mixture to a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Return soup to the soup pot, add cream. Season to taste with red pepper sauce, salt and fresh pepper. Warm soup back up over medium heat. Be careful NOT to let it come to a boil. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature with bread.
Now, GARLIC CHICKEN ON A BED OF SPINACH
I don't really have a recipe! :) Haha. But let me try-
- Thinly sliced chicken breasts, garlic, salt & pepper, oil
I slathered the chicken in olive oil, seasoned with S & P and garlic and cooked on the George Foreman.
- Fresh spinach, olive oil, S & P, garlic
I sauteed some spinach in a skillet and mixed in a little oil, S & P, and garlic. Cooked until it all wilted... and that's all! Quite tasty!
Hope you enjoy these! I'll be back in a few days with some BEEF STEW and PUMPKIN PIE FRENCH TOAST!