Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Rich and hearty!

Hi everyone! I hope your Christmas season is going well and that you're finding the true blessings of this holiday! Aaron & I have our first Christmas celebration this weekend in Sioux Falls! Aaron's family is staying in a hotel... which includes a water park... and also going to Great Bear skiing and tubing! :) Fun!!

I hate bombarding you with recipes... but on the other hand... then I don't have to blog every day because it'll keep you busy. Haha... ya, I could never blog daily! I totally respect those people though! Lots of work! And sometimes I can't wait to share these recipes with you, so I have to share 2 today! :)

First, WORLD'S BEST BEEF STEW


Ingredients

  • 2pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
  • 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth
  • 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 6 small potatoes, quartered
  • 6 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 lb white mushrooms, sliced
  • 4-5 stalks celery, chopped
  • Some corn starch and water

Directions

  1. In a a Dutch oven, brown meat in salad dressing over medium heat. Add the next 10 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hours or until meat is tender. Add the potatoes, carrots, green pepper and onion. Cover and simmer for 1 hour & 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Combine some cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Discard bay leaf before serving.

I really don't remember ever cooking beef stew before. :) For real! I don't think I have cooked it before this recipe. And this will be the one I stick to! The Italian dressing I found odd... but it works! It tastes delicious! Now we always try to cut back... but BOY did I wish I had some flaky biscuits with this! That would be divine! :) So please, splurge for me and have biscuits!

Next is the world's ultimate sinfully delicious dessert. I mean ultimate. It's amazing. I love it!
WHITE CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE


Ingredients

  • 1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
  • 3 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 3-4 Tbsp Raspberry preserves/jam/jelly
  • 2 cups white chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
  • 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

  1. In a medium bowl, mix together cookie crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar, and melted butter. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
  2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). In a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt white chocolate chips with half-and-half, stirring occasionally until smooth.
  3. In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time. Blend in vanilla and melted white chocolate. Pour half of batter over crust. Spoon 3 tablespoons raspberry sauce over batter. Pour remaining cheesecake batter into pan, and again spoon 3 tablespoons raspberry preserves over the top. Swirl batter with the tip of a knife to create a marbled effect.
  4. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until filling is set. Cool, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 8 hours before removing from pan. Garnish with white chocolate chips and fresh raspberries.
Oh, I wish I could make another one! RIGHT NOW!!! I would love a nice rich slice or 2! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment