I hate bombarding you with recipes... but on the other hand... then I don't have to blog every day because it'll keep you busy. Haha... ya, I could never blog daily! I totally respect those people though! Lots of work! And sometimes I can't wait to share these recipes with you, so I have to share 2 today! :)
First, WORLD'S BEST BEEF STEW
- 2pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 small potatoes, quartered
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb white mushrooms, sliced
- 4-5 stalks celery, chopped
- Some corn starch and water
- In a a Dutch oven, brown meat in salad dressing over medium heat. Add the next 10 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hours or until meat is tender. Add the potatoes, carrots, green pepper and onion. Cover and simmer for 1 hour & 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Combine some cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Discard bay leaf before serving.
I really don't remember ever cooking beef stew before. :) For real! I don't think I have cooked it before this recipe. And this will be the one I stick to! The Italian dressing I found odd... but it works! It tastes delicious! Now we always try to cut back... but BOY did I wish I had some flaky biscuits with this! That would be divine! :) So please, splurge for me and have biscuits!
Next is the world's ultimate sinfully delicious dessert. I mean ultimate. It's amazing. I love it!
WHITE CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE
- 1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3-4 Tbsp Raspberry preserves/jam/jelly
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, mix together cookie crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar, and melted butter. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). In a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt white chocolate chips with half-and-half, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time. Blend in vanilla and melted white chocolate. Pour half of batter over crust. Spoon 3 tablespoons raspberry sauce over batter. Pour remaining cheesecake batter into pan, and again spoon 3 tablespoons raspberry preserves over the top. Swirl batter with the tip of a knife to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until filling is set. Cool, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 8 hours before removing from pan. Garnish with white chocolate chips and fresh raspberries.