Thursday, December 16, 2010

Pumpkin French Toast

Hi again! Aaron & I had a great Christmas party with Aaron's family! December 10-12 we stayed in Sioux Falls at the Ramada Hotel... which has the big water park inside it! We were planning on skiing and tubing at Great Bear, but the 1st blizzard of the year decided to ruin our plans! :) The ladies did venture out to TJ Maxx though... but it was crazy cold, windy, and snowy! I picked up my new favorite cookbook at TJ Maxx- "Cook this, Not That". I love it because it has recipes for what you should cook, instead of your favorite items at restaurants! We have made a couple and they are all delicious! :) The book is pictured below... you should check it out! I found it at the Sioux Center Library! Well, we should get to the recipe!!
PUMPKIN PIE FRENCH TOAST

- 8 slices bread
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 6 egg whites
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice
- Sprinkle of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coffee creamer (I used caramel macciato)

Combine milk, pumpkin, eggs, spices and creamer. Soak the bread in the mixture.

Heat a griddle, spread butter over the griddle and cook them toasts! Nice and brown and crispy!


Slather with butter and syrup... enjoy!!


Well, ta ta for now! Next I will be sharing a recipe for oven fried fish & some potato avacado bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment