Friday, February 4, 2011

So Glad Today is DONE!!

Yes, that's right... today is over!! Hallelujah! Why so happy, you ask? 'Cause I had 3 fillings at the dentist today! Ugh. I was worried before hand, you know? Who likes the dentist? It's just awkward with their hands and tools all over your mouth... and poking a needle in your gums to numb you up. Yuck. I'd had it done before, but a long time ago. I have a very important warning for EVERYONE-- Do not go to Aspen Dental in Sioux City, IA. It was absolutely awful. More awful than it needed to be. Top was a breeze, which the dentist told me it would be. Then 2 on the bottom. One on each side. The dentist went like diving into my jaw with the needle and poked 4 times on each side, way down deep to the main nerve. I seriously jumped out of the seat each time she hit that nerve. OMG! It was awful. Please don't go there. We only went there because I wanted to try it. Had a coupon, thought it would be a nice break from Dr. Addink... nope, I would have given my life for Dr. Addink during those fillings!

Ok, whew... good to vent! :) 

I came home and thought I'd reward myself with some Enchiladas and Pumpkin Butterscotch Blondies. 

 
 Ahhh... ooey gooey enchiladas! They were not bad for just "whipping" them up with what I had in the pantry. :) 


INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 small can green chiles
2 cups cheddar jack cheese
2-3 chicken breasts, seasoned with chili powder & cumin, cooked and diced
1 green pepper, diced
Tortillas


DIRECTIONS
Mix together sour cream, tomatoes, & green chiles. Spread a dallop on each tortilla. Top with some chicken, black beans, green peppers, and cheese. Repeat until your 9x13 pan is full. :) 


I saved some of the sour cream mixture and topped the enchiladas with that and sprinkled some more cheese on top. 


I covered the pan with foil and baked at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, then took foil off and cooked 5-10 minutes more. 


 After chowing down on 2 of those, I needed something sweet & ran upon this recipe for Pumpkin Butterscotch Blondies. I'm sharing the full 9x13 recipe, but you can see in the picture I cut it in 1/2 for Aaron & Me. 


INGREDIENTS
2 cups flour
1½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp ground cloves
¼ tsp ground ginger
1 tsp baking soda
¾ tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1¼ cups brown sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup butterscotch chips

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 pan with foil and spray with baking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, soda, and salt and whisk together and set aside. In a second mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about two minutes. Beat in egg, vanilla and pumpkin. Mixture may appear slightly curdled at this point but its okay. Add dry ingredients and mix on low speed until just incorporated. Stir in butterscotch chips.
Spread batter in prepared pan and smooth out the top with a rubber spatula. Bake about 35-40 minutes until edges begin to pull away from side of pan and toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. Cool completely in the pan. Invert out of pan onto wire rack, peel off foil, cut into squares and transfer to a serving plate.


Your turn (leave a comment)-- What's the worst dentist experience you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment