Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Want to take a dip?

In our basement?!?!

 

Oh yes, this is our basement as of yesterday. The sad thing? We didn't notice it 'til yesterday, and the melting happened last week like Thursday & Friday.  :) Woopsy. 

Funny story. We probably STILL wouldn't have noticed it if it weren't for our dog Suzie. She came downstairs with me when I was doing laundry. Next thing I hear is her jump into a POOL of water. Not a puddle, a POOL of water.  

Right away- Oh shit!!! Yes, pardon me. But I knew right away what it was. We haven't had a flood like that since I was wee little, but I remembered it! I remembered it because dad said "NO! You cannot going swimming in there!" :) Haha.

Check it out... it's getting close to the "main basement" where our washer and dryer is... then I would have noticed it!

It's all cleaned up now. Well, except for the mold and mildew and that kind of stuff that will probably grow rampantly! :) 
Thanks B & B plumbing! 
Now, I have a product review- Stand & Stuff Taco Shells


You can probably imagine these will turn out pretty well. I mean... it stands up while you stuff it... cool!! 


And it ends up like this-- 
What's not to like?! A+ for me. 


Want to see how Suzie views herself?
She obviously views herself a little smaller than she actually is, and a little younger than she actually is. Haha. She is 2+ years old, she is still a pup.
But look at that spoiled little brat cute puppy!


Now obviously I didn't have to share a recipe for tacos, cuz those are pretty simple... meat and taco seasoning. 


But I do have a little something for you...
OVEN ROASTED VEGGIES


I love these, I usually do. But be careful. I have a texture issue, and this time I made them they were a little mushy. But the asparagus was crunchy. It just wasn't right. They are good though, promise! 


You can of course choose whatever veggies you like. I suggest 1 acorn squash, 1 sweet potato, 1 head or frozen bag of broccoli, and brussels sprouts. 

I did not have any brussels sprouts, so I subbed asparagus. But, it just wasn't right. So do the sprouts. I don't normally like sprouts, but roasted they are delicious! 

Ok, you want to keep your squash and potato seperate on one pan. Season with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Roast in 425 degree oven for about 15 minutes. 

Then add another pan in the oven with your broccoli and sprouts. Seasoned the same, with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Roast both pans for about another 10-15 minutes. Then switch to broil and brown 'em up a bit. 
Be careful!! These times are just suggestions. Pay attention to them and cook them how you like-- well done, or rare. :) 

We serve these as a main course for lunch over brown rice cooked with chicken broth. Broth is really the only way to go with rice. It seasons it wonderfully and gives it flavor! 
Well, I'm off. Have a great Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog and wanted to say hi :)

    I always wondered if the stand and stuff taco shells were worth buying, I'll have to give them a shot :)

    ReplyDelete