Tuesday, March 1, 2011

As promised...

Well hello March!! Can you believe it? Spring is near!! :) YAY!
 
As promised, I do have some recipes from Sunday dinner. It turned out well, and no one left hungry- success I guess! :)
 
I did, however, fall back on old habits and demolished the food before thinking about pictures! Except for my "masterpiece" ... dessert! I had to get a picture of that! 
 
 
This is called Key Lime Meringue Cake. Want to know a secret? It's actually halfway decent for you!! I found the recipe at Eatingwell.com. Check out the recipe here! 
 

 


See? It has 2 cake layers, with creamy lime filling and topped with meringue! It was deliciously light, but filling too. 

Couple pointers. The recipe tells you to bake cakes for 20-22 minutes. I did that the first time, and they were like cookies. The second time I baked them for only about 15 minutes. So keep your eyes on them!!  Take the advise of the recipe and refrigerate the filling for awhile before using that, else it'll be too thin. 


YUMMMM!! Go get your apron on and try this! :) Please!

Now, on to the rest. The menu included pork tenderloin that I cooked 2 ways. I will only share  1 way with you, though. Cuz the other way wasn't very good. Also had cauliflower gratin, which was da bomb! I loved it! I think other people liked it too. :) And we also had a fresh salad and mom brought spaghetti salad- my favorite!! This part of the meal was actually my favorite. Weird. I spent days thinking of and preparing the meal, and all I was hungry for at dinner was the salads. :) Haha. Ever have that?



Well, here's where I stop taking credit for the photos. But the food was just as good as these photos I promise! :) 


  

And last we will get to the meat of the meal. The meat was very simple and easy to make. I cut my pork tenderloin into 1/2-1 inch slices, wrapped each piece in bacon, secured with a toothpick and then seasoned them. The recipe told me to mix the seasonings and then coat each side of the pork, but I would suggest sprinkling it on. It was pretty salty. So, sprinkle on some garlic powder, Lawry's, basil, and oregano. Then brown the pork in a skillet on both sides and finish cooking in 400 degree oven for 15-25 minutes. 


You can find this recipe and the photo, courtesy of allrecipes.com, HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment