Saturday, March 12, 2011

Easy Penne alla Vodka

2 days in a row! You must have done something nice to deserve 2 posts this weekend! :) Haha. Or I have a lot of free time this weekend! Ya, that's it! 


I won't show you any more of my clean house pictures today. Although I had another good day of cleaning! 

PENNE ALLA VODKA
8 oz penne pasta
1 jar plain pasta sauce (no meat or veggies)
7 oz greek yogurt (or sour cream)
Basil
Cook pasta in salted water until done. Meanwhile heat pasta sauce in a saucepan. When sauce is warm (not hot, or the yogurt will curdle) add yogurt and sprinkle with basil. Heat until hot. Mix pasta with sauce.


This is so simple and easy to make, but tastes so much more rich than regular spaghetti. The Greek yogurt is a great way to boost protein in the dish and get a serving of dairy!

I sprinkled mine with a little Parmesan too. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. oooh this looks so good! Did you use whole wheat noodles or regular ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use whole wheat... but we've come to like the flavor... it takes awhile to get used to whole wheat pasta!

    ReplyDelete