Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich & Prayer Request

Hi everyone! Sorry for my absence. I've picked up some extra shifts at the nursing home and haven't been in the mood for cooking recently. :S Ya, scary, huh?! When I say that, it really means I haven't been in the mood for new food. I repeated a few old recipes and tried to empty out the pantry, using whatever I could to create something edible. :)


Yesterday we had Teriyaki Chicken Sandwiches & Broccoli.

Really easy. 
Just marinate some chicken breasts in teriyaki sauce- enough to coat them all, for about 30 minutes or overnight. I like to use the thin chicken breasts, but you could also slice regular chicken breasts in half so they're nice and thin.

Then, heat up the grill and cook chicken until done. Also grill pineapple rings until carmelized on both sides. Toast the buns on the grill for a few seconds also, until just toasty.
Then, build your sandwich! Bun, chicken, swiss cheese, pineapple ring,little more teriyaki sauce, onion, jalapenos. Tasty!!


Now, on to our prayer request. 

Aaron has a couple opportunities on his plate right now, and we are hoping that one of them will turn out. He has an interview at the Sioux Falls Police Department on April 25. He succeeded with the basic test, computer situation test, and now the next step is the interview. Please pray that Aaron will be able to relay himself as the confident, knowledgable, and well rounded police officer that he is! 
Sioux City also is testing for officers, and he is due to turn in his application by April 8. This test will be a little trickier, because Iowa includes a physical fitness portion of a test. So, he has to be ready to run 1.5 miles in 12 (?) minutes I think. Crazy! I don't think I even got 1 mile in 12 minutes during high school. He's practicing and preparing his little heart out though! I know he can do it!

Also ask for peace. 
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment