Sunday, December 11, 2011

Cornbread Muffins

I've cracked the code!!!!

Can't believe it, and we're all probably in B-I-G trouble! 


I've found a recipe that essentially re-creates Famous Dave's cornbread muffins!!


Umm, ya. See? We're in trouble. They are so so so good! 

Thanks goes to Tada Creations for the recipe. I tweaked it just a little bit.



Famous Dave's Cornbread Muffins
2 C yellow cornmeal
9 oz pkg yellow cake mix (half a regular box mix)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 C milk
1/2 C buttermilk
1/4 C vegetable oil
2 eggs
3 Tbsp brown sugar
3 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp real mayonnaise
Honey Glaze (see below)

Mix all dry ingredients together. Mix all wet ingredients & brown sugar together (except for mayo) and add them to the dry and mix gently until there are no lumps, being careful not to over-mix. Fold in mayonnaise and let it rest, covered in the fridge for 60 minutes or overnight. (This is very important, please don't skip the resting step. The resting time allows the batter to get more "cake-y" and yummy. I didn't rest very long the 1st time I made them, and they were very dry.)


Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Drizzle with honey butter (this just soaks in the muffins and makes them tasty!) Makes about 18 muffins.

Honey Butter
1/2 C butter
1/4 C honey

Melt butter in pan and add honey. Simmer, stirring occasionally. 


Make sure you eat them with extra butter & honey... so delicious! Look at that golden color!!




Well, I better be going... only 5 more minutes until The Next Iron Chef is on! 




I hope Elizabeth Faulkner wins! She is my favorite! I think they could use another female iron chef... right now they only have Cat Cora. She would be cool!

Ok... one more tempting picture, to make you want to bake a batch...


No comments:

Post a Comment