Saturday, December 17, 2011

Carrot Cake Pancakes



Happy Saturday, December 17!!!!

4 more days of work...

8 more days until Christmas!

9 more days until Mexico!!!!

I hope you're enjoying the season too!

I made Christmas candies yesterday with Mom & Grandma. I haven't taken pictures yet, but the holiday parties are coming! And I can't wait to share some of my creations with you!


Today, however, I have a twist on the regular Pancake recipe.

Carrot Cake Pancakes
From Iowa Girl Eats
Serves 2

Ingredients:

1 cup just-add-water dry pancake mix
1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
small pinch of ground cloves
1 cup water (maybe less, maybe more)*



Directions:

1. Pre-heat skillet or griddle to medium low. Combine ingredients from pancake mix to ground cloves in a bowl. Add water and stir until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. *Depending on your dry mix, you may need to add more or less water to get the batter to pancake consistency.

2. Spray the pre-heated skillet with non-stick spray and pour the batter into four, equal-sized pancakes. Flip when bubbles appear on top and continue cooking until both sides are golden brown.

3. Serve with butter and syrup.



 Uh oh... last bite!!


These were really delicious! Aaron & I were surprised how just a few additions to regular pancakes = this deliciousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment