Friday, January 28, 2011

Beef Fried Rice

Hello! Happy Friday to you! My day off! Wahoo! :) 

Today I have a recipe for Beef Fried Rice, found off the Live Healthy Iowa website! It was pretty good, even with my "errors"! :) Haha. 

First, start by cooking 1 lb beef sirloin in a large skillet. Of course, cut it into bite size strips.

H

Next, add 2 cups frozen stir fry vegetables, 2 Tbsp soy sauce, 3 Tbsp Catalina dressing, 1 cup chicken broth, and 2 cups INSTANT brown rice. This is where I screwed up... I didn't have INSTANT rice. So I tried to cook it a little before adding it to skillet. It still required a lot of extra broth, so it got kinda slimy. But I'm sure if I used INSTANT rice it would have been fabulous! 
 

 After everything is in the skillet bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Then add green onions. Serve with mandarin oranges.


 Well, like I said, I screwed up with the rice, but it wasn't terrible! We really liked it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment