BLACKENED CHICKEN SALAD
- 3 cups chopped tomato
- 3/4 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons Spicy Seasoning (see below)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 8 cups torn romaine lettuce
- Flat-leaf parsley sprigs (optional)
Combine the first 7 ingredients in a bowl, and toss well. Cover and chill.
Combine lemon juice, mustard, water, and honey in a large bowl; stir well with a wire whisk. Cover and chill.
Rub chicken with Spicy Seasoning. Coat a large heavy skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken, and cook 7 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from skillet, and let cool. Cut chicken across grain into thin slices, and set aside.
Steam snap peas, covered, for 2 minutes. Rinse under cold water, and drain. Add snap peas and lettuce to the lemon juice mixture, and toss well. Divide the lettuce mixture evenly among 4 large salad bowls; top each serving with 1 cup of the tomato mixture and 1 sliced chicken breast half. Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon black pepper