Friday, January 21, 2011

Live Healthy Iowa



The 100 day challenge has started!! Are you involved? You can check out www.livehealthyiowa.com for tips & info. I am competing with a group from work (St. Luke's Occupational Health).  So, of course I wish to share some healthy recipes for a healthy, well balanced lifestyle! 


Chili Glazed Salmon
1/4 cup sweet chili sauce 
2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp ginger
1tsp sriracha sauce (spicy chili sauce)
4 salmon fillets (4-6 oz each)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine chili sauce, soy sauce, ginger & sriracha in a small bowl. Place salmon fillets on a foil lined baking sheet. Use a brush or spoon to coat salmon with the chili glaze. 

Bake the salmon until glaze has begun to lightly caramelize and salmon flakes easily, about 10 minutes. 



Dill Seasoned Potatoes
No real recipe here. :) Whoops! Haha. No recipe because I didn't measure my amounts of anything. However, its simple and easy to make. 

Simply cut as many potatoes as you need into small slices. Toss potatoes in some olive oil to coat them. Then spread them on a greased or foil-lined pan and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and dill. Use your own taste for amount of seasoning. You could also add a little garlic powder, lawry's, etc. Then bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or so, until they are slightly browned and a little crispy. We like to enjoy these with a little Ranch dressing. 


The rest of my lovely picture is just some roasted broccoli & mushrooms. Enjoy!

So, what's on my menu for the following week? (Yes, my week starts on Friday because it's my day off!) 

- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Baked Cod with Mushrooms & Red Peppers
- Beef Fried Rice
- Blueberry Pancakes
- Smoked Chicken Strata
- Angel Hair Pasta with Sausage Marinara

Check back! I hope to share a lot of these recipes with you, depending on how they turn out! :)

Random picture of my Suzie as "King of the Mountain" and Aaron. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment