Hi there! Sunday evening... the most relaxing usually for me. Hope you had a refreshing Sunday as well!
I hope you haven't given up on this post by seeing "Banana Bread"... I know everyone has their own recipe and own style, so you may be hesitant to change your recipe! :) But, this recipe is labeled "low fat" and really, I can't notice that in the flavor. Tastes like banana bread to me! :)
Pretend you didn't see all that butter, ok? Great.
Low Fat Banana Bread
2/3 cup white sugar
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup applesauce or plain/vanilla yogurt
1/3 cup skim milk
1 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a bread pan with non-stick spray, and lightly dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs & sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in bananas, applesauce, milk, oil and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir flour mixture into banana mixture, mixing until just blended. Fold in nuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- My "non- low- fat- secret" is to sprinkle the top with brown sugar and cinnamon to give it a sweet and crunchy touch.
- Bake about 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. I covered the loaf with aluminum foil about halfway through to prevent extreme browning/burning.
Ooooohhh yeah. You see that brown sugar crust on top. You want it! :)