My recipe tonight is something different, but has some traditional comfort food flavors for you to love!
Chicken Enchilada Pasta
By Iowa Girl Eats
2 medium-sized chicken breasts, cooked & shredded
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 medium onion, diced
1/2 zucchini, diced
salt & pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
1 3/4 cups red enchilada sauce
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1/2-4oz can diced green chilies
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
8oz rotini pasta
1. Cook chicken and shred. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and sauté onions until tender, ~5 minutes. Add zucchini and cook until tender, ~5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
3. Add enchilada sauce, Tabasco sauce, green chilies, salt, chili powder and cumin into the skillet. Stir to combine then simmer for 10 minutes, stirring every so often.
4. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to hot pot.
5. Turn the heat on the skillet down to low and add in the
cheddar cheese. Stir until it completely melts, then add in the chicken and sour cream. Stir until combined.
6. Pour cooked pasta into the sauce and mix. Serve garnished with avocado, tomatoes, green onions and/or sour cream.
Yum! I loved this! Tasted just like enchiladas, but the pasta was so fun! :)