Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pan Fried Fish Sandwich

Guess what today is!!!! The premiere of Breaking Dawn, from the Twilight saga!!! I cannot wait for midnight and to finally see the long anticipated movie! I never thought I would be interested in the Twilight series, but after reading the books I really do love the story! 

And, this weekend is *THE* weekend!! I am sooo putting up the Christmas tree!! YAY! I can't wait to share pictures with you!


Pan Fried Fish Sandwich
1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 lb tilapia fillets, or other white fish
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
1 egg white
Olive oil
Tartar sauce
Rolls
Lettuce
Tomatoes

Combine cornmeal, Parmesan, thyme, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. In another bowl whisk together the egg white and dijon mustard. 

Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-medium high heat. Dip the fish fillets first in the egg white and then into the cornmeal mixture. Place in hot skillet and cook until fish is white and flakes easily. 

Spread tartar sauce on your roll and top with lettuce, tomato and fish! 


Oh this was delicious! Look at that perfectly golden brown crispy crust on the fish! And I made the tartar sauce with some mayo and chopped dill pickle spears. The nice bigger chunks of dill pickle in there were great!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment