Happy Wednesday!! Another lovely day in Iowa! The last days have been absolutely perfect! Upper 60s with lots of sunshine! We've been taking long walks with Suzie... who loves us right now b/c of all the walks! And we've been fixing up the garden, which is doing pretty well!
My recipe today is astounding! It is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, who I love! She has some of the best, easiest recipes every day! And she actually got the recipe from Pioneer Woman Cooks, who is also amazing! :) So you're in for a treat! You can click here to see her step-by-step instructions for the recipe.
1 lb flank steak, or any other steak works too
1 bag snow peas
3 Tbsp peanut oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup beef broth
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp corn starch
1/4 tsp ground ginger
4 green onions, chopped
Rice for serving
1. Whisk together soy sauce, water, broth, brown sugar, corn starch and ginger. Set aside.
2. Slice steak into thin, bite size strips. Add steak to marinade.
3. Trim ends off of the snow peas.
4. Heat 2 Tbsp peanut oil in a large skillet/wok over medium-high to high heat. When hot add peas and stir-fry for 1 minute, being careful not to burn!! Remove from skillet.
5. Add remaining 1 Tbsp oil and add in steak, reserving marinade. Stir-fry for 1 minute, again be very careful not to burn! Add marinade, peas and green onions. Reduce heat and cook for a couple minutes, until sauce is thickened and steak is cooked.
6. Serve over rice.
I can't wait for fresh peas from the garden to make this recipe! Mmm Mmm!