Oh yes, and Sunday dinner was at my house!! Remember? Those decadent and beautiful cupcakes??? We had more! This was our plate....
Cheesy Ranch Chicken, which you can find HERE
New Potato Casserole
Broccoli & Apple Salad
Chocolate Coca-Cola Cupcakes, which you can find HERE
Let's start with the salad. This was kind of a last minute dish, because the day before dinner I started to think that maybe chicken and potatoes wasn't quite enough. So I found the recipe at myrecipes.com. You can view the recipe by clicking that link, or see below.
Looks pretty plain and simple... but it's got some kick to it! It's very refreshing and tasty!
1 head broccoli, cut into florets
1 1/4 cups chopped apple
6 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 1/2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp dijon mustard
1 Tbsp canola oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Whisk together vinegar, sugar, mustard, oil, s & p. Combine all ingredients. If you clicked on the link above you will see they have onion in the mix too... I just opted for no onion.
Ok..... NEXT! Potatoes!
Ingredients1. Heat oven to 375°F. Place potatoes and salt in large saucepan. Add cold water to cover. Bring to a boil; simmer 8 minutes. Just before draining, add spinach. Drain.
- 3 pounds small red new potatoes, quartered
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 bag (9 ounces) baby spinach leaves
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 bunch scallions or spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk, warmed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white or black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 pound Swiss cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon plain breadcrumbs
2. Sauce: In small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add scallions; cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Sprinkle flour over scallions and whisk to blend. In 2 additions, whisk in warm milk until smooth. Add salt, pepper, cayenne and nutmeg. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking occasionally. Remove from heat. Whisk in 1 cup of the cheese.
3. Coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Layer half the potatoes and spinach in dish; spoon half the sauce over. Sprinkle with half the remaining cheese. Top with remaining potatoes and sauce. Sprinkle with reserved cheese.
4. Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes. Top with breadcrumbs. Bake 10 minutes more until browned. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
And, just because I want to.... Here's more cupcakes!!!