Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Thanks Sioux City Journal!

Hi guys! I'm just popping in today to say "thanks!" to Sioux City Journal! I got 2nd place in a recipe contest!! Cool, huh?!

Totally cool to me, who was not expecting it at all! Aaron & I pick up the mail on our way home from work at 11:30pm. I got this letter in the mail...



I was like, hmm??? What's that?

Then I opened it and it was money!!



I was like, what the heck for?!

And then I saw..... this!!!



I was all excited and like "SWEET!" What recipe did I submit?? I remember submitting them, but it was like ages ago!! 

I won 2nd place for Brown Sugar Banana Bread. You can find it here

And what was 1st place, you ask? Something odd. I really want one of you to make it and report back to me. Because in my mind this 1st place recipe just doesn't jive. 

I am sorry that I haven't posted the recipe on here before, and I have no pictures of it to share! I did post a low fat banana bread... but that wasn't award winning! :) haha. 

Anyways... off to work!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment