Monday, August 15, 2011

Crispy Garlic Chicken with Roasted Green Beans

Hi there! We are still enjoying our new home! Thanks for all the well wishes!

It's been awhile since I've shared some food with you! It's been awhile since I've cooked! :) Anyways, today I have a "budget friendly" & "quick & easy" recipe to share with you. That's kinda how I roll lately with a new mortgage and more stuff to do in Sioux City! I need to save $ and cook fast! :) 


Crispy Garlic Chicken
- 4 thinly sliced chicken breasts (I used 2 regular chicken breasts and sliced them in 1/2 so they were thin)
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp each- salt, pepper, dried chives, garlic powder
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed (1 cup total crushed)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp dried chives


Mix together in a bowl butter, milk, salt, pepper, 1/2 tsp dried chives, and garlic powder. In a separate bowl combine corn flakes, paprika, and chives. 


Coat chicken with butter mixture, then with corn flakes. Place on a greased wire rack over baking pan. I use my cooling rack, and put it on top of a large cookie sheet. This helps to make both sides of the chicken crispy, not mushy. 


Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes, depending on chicken thickness. 




I've already shared the roasted green beans recipe with you, but in case you haven't made them yet! 


Toss green beans with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes (time depends on amount of beans you have). You want to stir them probably once or twice. The beans are done when they are wrinkly, slightly browned, and tender to eat. 




In other news... My friend just had a baby girl!!!!! And I got to visit her on Saturday! She is so precious and totally cute! I brought over some cupcakes for the family!




Baby cupcakes! If you can see in the picture there are little baby faces on the cupcakes. If you want to re-create, all you do is dip vanilla wafers in almond bark and create faces! 


Well, I hope you have a great week! I will hopefully be back on Wednesday or Thursday with another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment