Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pumpkin Nutella Bread

Hello! We're nearing the weekend!!! Only 2 days of work left for me... then Friday, Saturday, Sunday I have nothing! Woo hoo!! Man, wish I didn't have to work the holiday... then it'd be 4 days!

I'm quite excited for fall to come, because I can open my windows again!! That didn't work on the farm... I got a nose full of chicken poo... but not in town! YAY! So, in anticipation for cooler temperatures I'm sharing a pumpkin recipe! I love pumpkin and stocked up last year, so I could have some throughout the year. Isn't it dumb that they don't sell pumpkin all year long? Hello... it's delicious!


And have you ever tried Nutella? It's pretty good. I like it spread on a banana or English muffin the best. It's supposed to be like a chocolate hazelnut spread... just tastes like chocolate to me! :) It goes really well in this recipe!


Pumpkin Nutella Bread or Muffins
From Real Mom Kitchen

1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/3 cup water
1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 tablespoons Nutella 


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 4 mini loaf pans with cooking spray. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, water, pumpkin, eggs, and extracts. Whisk until smooth and combined.

Slowly stir in the flour mixture. Mix until ingredients are combined.

Pour the batter into the mini loaf pans, making sure batter is evenly divided. Drop 2 heaping tablespoons of Nutella onto each loaf pan. Swirl the Nutella into the pumpkin batter with a knife. Place the loaf pans onto a baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Place the loaf pans on a wire rack. Cool for 15 minutes in the pan and then carefully remove the loaves. Cool completely before slicing.


Totally the best right out of the oven. I made 1 loaf and about 12 muffins. I really liked it, and the girls at work said it would be perfect with a cup of coffee in the morning. (I wouldn't know, I don't like coffee) :)

It's tomato time!!! So this is on my menu a lot lately...
Big ol' juicy BLT! :) They are so easy to make with the pre cooked bacon they have these days... soooo simple. I even take everything to work and make one there for supper! Except for last night. I took lettuce, tomato, bacon & mayo... but forgot the bread. Haha. Woops.

No comments:

Post a Comment