Friday, September 23, 2011

Poppyseed Chicken Casserole

Hello! Wow, have I been busy!! I've been helping out my department quite a bit, and so have been putting in a lot of hours! 


Today I have a delicious, hearty casserole to share!

Poppyseed Chicken Casserole
From The Girl who Ate Everything

5 lbs chicken breasts, cooked and diced
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp Worcestershire 
1 Tbsp lemon juice
Sprinkle of celery salt
Sprinkle of garlic salt
Pepper to taste
2 cups Ritz crackers, crushed (about 1 1/2 tubes)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 Tbsp poppy seeds

Combine cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and seasonings. Toss with chicken and put into a greased 9x13 pan. Combine crushed Ritz with butter and poppy seeds. Top casserole with crackers. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly and crackers are golden brown and crunchy. 


I cut this recipe in half, which is why I have a smaller pan. 

It got great reviews from the Mr. too! He texted me at work to say "chicken is yumm!!" Haha. Score.


And you can see I served this with a baked potato. Worked well because the sauce was like butter and sour cream for the potato! Rice would also be great with it.


P.S. Do you know where I find a lot of these recent recipes? Pinterest. Have you ever?  You should really try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment